Back to [Archive] Meta

Indexing
By the way, every papers in OBG don't have publication date, and there is no mention of the journal where it's published. For example :

Piffer, D., & Kirkegaard, E. O. The genetic correlation between educational attainment, intracranial volume and IQ is due to recent polygenic selection on general cognitive ability.
Piffer, D. Sexual selection as a mechanism behind sex and population differences in fluid intelligence: an evolutionary hypothesis.
Frost, P. Negotiating the gap.
Frost, P. LL Cavalli-Sforza: A bird in a gilded cage.

Can either one of you (Emil or Piffer) fix that ?

Finally, there is one paper on OBG not indexed in GS :

Opposite selection pressures on stature and intelligence across human populations
Admin
We have to fix the code that makes GS assign every tag as a publication to authors first.
We have to fix the code that makes GS assign every tag as a publication to authors first.

I have fixed the issue with /tag/ pages, so they wont be indexed by GS. The meta fields for GS are no longer created for /tag/ pages. What Emil is referring to is that until now GS has been indexing the /tag/ pages as if they were papers.
By the way, every papers in OBG don't have publication date, and there is no mention of the journal where it's published. For example :

Piffer, D., & Kirkegaard, E. O. The genetic correlation between educational attainment, intracranial volume and IQ is due to recent polygenic selection on general cognitive ability.
Piffer, D. Sexual selection as a mechanism behind sex and population differences in fluid intelligence: an evolutionary hypothesis.
Frost, P. Negotiating the gap.
Frost, P. LL Cavalli-Sforza: A bird in a gilded cage.

Can either one of you (Emil or Piffer) fix that ?

Finally, there is one paper on OBG not indexed in GS :

Opposite selection pressures on stature and intelligence across human populations

Google Scholar works in mysterious ways. According to their documentation I don't see why the papers you are referring to haven't been included.

Emil pointed out to me that the meta tag containing a link to the pdf of the paper is missing, so GS is not including the paper, but only the meta data for it. I have just added that meta tag, so from now on GS should be able to link directly to the pdf of indexed papers.
The papers of OBG are all indexed, except for one paper of Piffer (2014) : "Opposite selection pressures on stature and intelligence across human populations".

This is one problem. The other is that the year of publication and journal's name do not appear.

You have actually :

When in fact you should have :

Piffer, D., & Kirkegaard, E. O. (2014). The genetic correlation between educational attainment, intracranial volume and IQ is due to recent polygenic selection on general cognitive ability. Open Behavioral Genetics.
Admin
GS does not automatically recognize journal name and year for some reason. The meta-tags are correct.
It would be nice if someone here can find the time to check if this problem also happens in other journals. Since GS is your only way of indexing your papers, any dysfunction of GS would be very damageable. The other journals surely don't rely solely on GS.
I guess I'll have to adopt a first name and see if GS recognizes my stuff then. I'll post a new version of the X-factor paper, could you replace the old one with it, Emil?
Admin
Sure.

I asked Google to crawl it today again. See what happens.
Don't forget to update nooffensebut article too.
Admin
He doesn't supply an updated name I think.
The paper was here. Under the name Nooffense But.
Admin
My mistake. I have updated it now.
Admin
We think we have found the problem with indexing. Turns out the scholar tags must be in the header, not the body. Not mentioned in their guidelines.

We have implemented it on the Mankind Quarterly site but not OpenPsych yet. Bo is too busy with his thesis.
Admin
We think we have found the problem with indexing. Turns out the scholar tags must be in the header, not the body. Not mentioned in their guidelines.

We have implemented it on the Mankind Quarterly site but not OpenPsych yet. Bo is too busy with his thesis.

The new indexing has been implemented by Bo (thanks!).

The citations are now correctly recognized by Zotero, but we don't know about Google Scholar yet.