OpenPsych at a glance
- Open access - All articles are published under a Creative Commons BY-SA 4.0 license. and freely accessible to everyone
- No author fees - running journal websites is cheap and fees are unnecessary.
- Double-blind open forum peer review process.
- Mandatory data sharing - so that others can verify and extend your results as well as use the data for other purposes you didn't think of.
- Continuous publication - articles are go live as soon as they pass peer review and have been typeset.
In 2014, Emil O. W. Kirkegaard and Davide Piffer setup three journals in the areas of differential psychology and behavioral genetics. The journals were set up by due to dissatisfaction with journals in field. These journals were all closed access, owned by Elsevier and used traditional reviewing practices.
At the end of 2020, OpenPsych received a major technical update that made the review progress fully integrated with the forum on the site. For more information see For Authors and For Reviewers. The three previous journals Open Differential Psychology (ODP), Open Behavioral Genetics (OBG) and Open Quantitative Sociology & Political Science (OQSPS) were replaced by one journal simply named OpenPsych. All older papers are still accessible in their respective journals, but all future papers will be published in OpenPsych.