Back to [Archive] Post-review discussions

[ODP] A Study of the IQ in Sudan
Can we incorporate this reply into the paper? Something like:

The participants were permanent residents of Khartoum and indigenous to northern Sudan. None of them were refugees or migrants from other parts of the country. They came from lower, middle, and upper socioeconomic strata.

I don't really mind, but the problem is the following paragraph.

There was no information on the participants of this study in terms of social class or ethnic background. This may be a problem because of the social and ethnic heterogeneity of Khartoum state, particularly the large number of migrants, including refugees, from all parts of the country.

These two ideas cannot live together. One of these claims must be false. So, would you agree to delete this paragraph and replace it by the answer given by Bakhiet ? Personally, I think your suggestion is good. I will email him if you agree.
Yes, please delete the original paragraph and replace it with Bakhiet's answer.
Yes, please delete the original paragraph and replace it with Bakhiet's answer.

My conversations with Bakhiet and Lynn are usually weird. I'm not always sure they read well. I have just asked :

Dear Bakhiet & Lynn,

Peter Frost told us that he removed his earlier objection, which was :

There was no information on the participants of this study in terms of social class or ethnic background. This may be a problem because of the social and ethnic heterogeneity of Khartoum state, particularly the large number of migrants, including refugees, from all parts of the country.

So, I have modified the article at Google Docs, and replaced the above statement by Bakhiet's reply :

The participants were permanent residents of Khartoum and indigenous to northern Sudan. None of them were refugees or migrants from other parts of the country. They came from lower, middle, and upper socioeconomic strata.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o5--m0IaR33cXFPJz7ysyitorW3uyYbARzXwGMd9Fcw/edit

Remember you can modify the link above as you wish.

Are you ok with the above changes ? Or do you want to re-write it otherwise ?

I would like to proceed with the approvement, if you're OK.

Thanks in advance.

And Bakhiet answered :

thank you.

As I said, it's weird, but I will take that as a yes. So, I approve the publication.
Yes, I approve the publication.
Admin
I approve as well.
I approve publication
I approve. There seem to be more than enough approvals for publication.
Admin
Submission: A Study of the IQ in Sudan
Emil Ole William Kirkegaard <the.dfx@gmail.com> 24. december 2014 kl. 01.02
Til: "LYNNR540@aol.com Lynn" <LYNNR540@aol.com>, "Dr. SALAH ELDIN F. BAKHIET" <slh9999@yahoo.com>
Dear authors,

Reviewers have agreed that your submission A Study of the IQ in Sudan is ready for publication. Before we proceed, I would like to know if you have any final amendments? If so, can you make them?

The submission is here.

Regards,
Emil
Editor
Admin
Dear Emil

No final amendments needed.

Regards,
Richard Lynn

Unless there are further objections within a few hours, I will move on with the publication.
Admin
The paper has been published.

Let me know if there are any problems, so I can fix them.

Moving...