Back to [Archive] Other discussions

Mind over matter project
Most people do not know that at Princeton University a project lasted for 28 years, that produced exceedingly highly significant results with regards to precognition,extra-sensory perception and psychokinesis (mind over matter). This program was led by Robert G. Jahn, plasma physicist, Professor of Aerospace Science and Dean of Engineering at Princeton University, founder of PEARL. The results are nicely summarized in a book titled "Consciousness and the source of reality" by Jahn and Dunne.

I bought a Psyleron, which is an electronic random event generator developed at Princeton. I've been carrying out experiments with myself as the agent and I obtained significant results, that is deviations from chance in the expected direction (matching my intention to produce either low or high numbers), with effect sizes in line with those found at Princeton.

PEARL results suggest that influence on RNG is NOT affected by physical distance, as manifest in experiments carried out with RNG located in different continents.

If you think you may have psychokinetic abilities, or psychic abilities of any kind, I'd be glad to set up a time with you when I'll turn the Psyleron on and you'll try to influence its outcome from your location.
Admin
I don't trust their device. However, I have talked with my roommate who is a physicist. We can go to the physics department and measure some quantum noise (radioactive decay with a Geiger counter) while you try to influence it from a distance. We can record the number of decays/second [bq], which is what you will try to influence.
I don't trust their device. However, I have talked with my roommate who is a physicist. We can go to the physics department and measure some quantum noise (radioactive decay with a Geiger counter) while you try to influence it from a distance. We can record the number of decays/second [bq], which is what you will try to influence.

Their device is fine. You just compare the Hi and Low intention outcomes. Any errors due to device malfunctionings are eliminated with this procedure.
I attach the last experiment, where I achieved a Z score of 2.69 (p<0.01). I found that if I rest for a couple of days, my performance improves (I carried it today but ignore the date displayed, it is not set up right).
Admin
I note that you have increased the rate (trials/second) to about 1000, whereas before you said it was about 200. Any reason?
I note that you have increased the rate (trials/second) to about 1000, whereas before you said it was about 200. Any reason?

It's 1000 trials, 1 trial per second, 200 bits (sample size)/trial. So each experiment has a total of 20,000 bits, whose average expected value is 100.