Back to [Archive] Post-review discussions

[ODP] Educational attainment, income, use of social benefits, crime rate and the gene
Also please specify Kaiser-Meyer-Olkin and Bartlett's test when reporting PCA
Admin
One can see the distribution of Islam in the regression plot for Islam on PC1 SE (Figure 1). The only change is that the Islam values are standardized, not in percent. So e.g. 100% is about +2 SD, while 0% is about -.75 SD.
Admin

It did not seem important to report. Anyone who wants the info can use the full dataset as they have been provided.

In any case, for the general SE factor, I calculated the KMO and Bertlett's: .728 (between "meritorious" and "middling") and Bertlett's test was p<.000 (1212, df 300).

For PCA of educational attainment variables: KMO = .842, p<.000 (796, df 55).

It did not seem important to report. Anyone who wants the info can use the full dataset as they have been provided.

In any case, for the general SE factor, I calculated the KMO and Bertlett's: .728 (between "meritorious" and "middling") and Bertlett's test was p<.000 (1212, df 300).

These are pretty good values. It's good practice to report them.
Admin

I have added the KMO results and the p value from the Bartlett's test to each PCA.

I have added the KMO results and the p value from the Bartlett's test to each PCA.

Ok I recommend publication.
Admin
There are now 4 recommendations to publish (Philbrick, MengHu, Peter Frost, Duxide).
Admin
The corrected dataset.
Admin
One error that I have noted is that the title talks about 71 immigrant groups, but there are only 70 in the data. The 71st group is Denmark itself, so it is not an immigrant group.
Admin
I have updated several things about this publication.

I have added the supplementary material to an OSF repository. I have added a link in the data to this.

I have edited the abstract and title to reflect the true number.

I have added a link to the publication page on ODP to the OSF repository.

Hopefully the citation counts won't be too much disturbed by this slight change in title. For some reason, this paper is not having its citation counted correctly currently anyway, see my Scholar profile.