Back to [Archive] Post-review discussions

[ODP] The personality and cognitive correlates of creative achievement
Admin
Many mistakes were corrected, but there are still some. The first spacing error I quoted before is still there ("1.Introduction"). I skimmed and saw a few more. For instance "inventions,etc.", "Music,Visual Arts".

The author should perhaps get someone else to edit it to remove all the spacing errors as they seem to persist in edit after edit.

Also, the author did not answer my question about oblique rotation. Why use oblique rotation? To approximate 'simple structure'? (cf. Jensen, 1998, p. 65).

I think it should be published after these errors have been corrected. But before publication can occur, the author must attach the datafiles. We only publish papers with datafiles attached so other researchers can reexamine the data.
Many mistakes were corrected, but there are still some. The first spacing error I quoted before is still there ("1.Introduction"). I skimmed and saw a few more. For instance "inventions,etc.", "Music,Visual Arts".

The author should perhaps get someone else to edit it to remove all the spacing errors as they seem to persist in edit after edit.

Also, the author did not answer my question about oblique rotation. Why use oblique rotation? To approximate 'simple structure'? (cf. Jensen, 1998, p. 65).

I think it should be published after these errors have been corrected. But before publication can occur, the author must attach the datafiles. We only publish papers with datafiles attached so other researchers can reexamine the data.

I corrected the errors you pointed out. I used oblique rotation because it produces solutions with better simple structure, and it allows factors to correlate, plus you get estimates of the correlations among factors (e.g. it does not force factors to be "artificially" uncorrelated).
The upgraded paper and dataset are attached.
Admin
There are still problems with spacing, e.g. in sections 2.1, 3.1 and 3.2.

I had a look at your dataset. I also a PCA on the 17 personality items (based on your description in 2.1) and extracted 4 unrotated factors. Correlation table attached.

I also successfully replicated your oblimin solution (i.e. correlations with my extracted were 1).

I ran a simple comparison. Your 4 rotated factors in regression on CAQ total vs. the 4 unrotated factors. Results were identical, so perhaps it doesn't matter whether one uses 'simple structure' or not in this case.
There are still problems with spacing, e.g. in sections 2.1, 3.1 and 3.2.

I had a look at your dataset. I also a PCA on the 17 personality items (based on your description in 2.1) and extracted 4 unrotated factors. Correlation table attached.

I also successfully replicated your oblimin solution (i.e. correlations with my extracted were 1).

I ran a simple comparison. Your 4 rotated factors in regression on CAQ total vs. the 4 unrotated factors. Results were identical, so perhaps it doesn't matter whether one uses 'simple structure' or not in this case.

I corrected all the spacing problems I could find. Attached is the updated version.
I have made some edits. The result is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u5YKFuxLpi0abkRWECsZiRlZfkuNIcnokpJztSPNEgw/edit#

Great thanks. Can it be published now?
Admin
Yes, I count three reviewers (Philbrick, Lynn, Emil).
Admin
I have made some more error edits to the posted version before (mainly to the references-section). Can the author confirm? Then I will publish it.
Yes I confirm. Please publish. Thanks
Admin
Final version attached.