Back to [Archive] Post-review discussions

[ODP] Crime among Dutch immigrant groups
Admin
Curtis,

how about "tend to" instead of "generally"

Changed to "tend to".

--

The general in front of "predictive framework" has no meaning in modifying predictive framework.

Ok. Deleted.

--

What was his request? To perform the same analysis on the Dutch?

He was just wondering about the Dutch situation I guess. I don't remember, it was a long time ago. This submission was submitted about 1 year ago, almost.

I did search my email and found the exchange. We were discussing some results for Denmark and Norway around 2014, and he linked me to the Dutch report and said that it provided useful data.

--

I am saying that one to two sentences describing the previous papers should suffice. You are right there is no need for a lengthy description, but there should be something here.

They are described by the first paragraph:

Previous studies have found that immigrant crime susceptibility and other socially important traits are strongly predictable from their own or their parents' countries of origin e.g. (1-4).

--

complete footnote

It is complete, but split over pages due to lack of space (automatic).

--

I still think one sentence stating the two differences prior to doing so in sections 3.1 and 3.2 is good. It helps the reader.

Added:

The first is to examine correlations within and between the generations and the second is to compare the crime rates across generations.

--

Files updated: https://osf.io/e5rxs/
Curtis,

how about "tend to" instead of "generally"

Changed to "tend to".

--

The general in front of "predictive framework" has no meaning in modifying predictive framework.

Ok. Deleted.

--

What was his request? To perform the same analysis on the Dutch?

He was just wondering about the Dutch situation I guess. I don't remember, it was a long time ago. This submission was submitted about 1 year ago, almost.

I did search my email and found the exchange. We were discussing some results for Denmark and Norway around 2014, and he linked me to the Dutch report and said that it provided useful data.

--

I am saying that one to two sentences describing the previous papers should suffice. You are right there is no need for a lengthy description, but there should be something here.

They are described by the first paragraph:

Previous studies have found that immigrant crime susceptibility and other socially important traits are strongly predictable from their own or their parents' countries of origin e.g. (1-4).

--

complete footnote

It is complete, but split over pages due to lack of space (automatic).

--

I still think one sentence stating the two differences prior to doing so in sections 3.1 and 3.2 is good. It helps the reader.

Added:

The first is to examine correlations within and between the generations and the second is to compare the crime rates across generations.

--

Files updated: https://osf.io/e5rxs/

Do I need to post something to the effect of it looks good to me? If so, it looks good to me.
Admin
Do I need to post something to the effect of it looks good to me? If so, it looks good to me.

Yes. When a submission satisfies you, you simply say "I approve of publication". This usually happens after a few revisions, at least for me. It depends on the state of the initial article.

--

In this case the submission has 3 approvals, which means that it has passed peer review and can be published whenever the author wants to.

The editor (also me in this case), will then post it on the site if no one changes their mind within a few hours.
I'm sure immigration correlation with crime in Netherlands have more to do with population selection from country of origin. Immigrants to Europe tend to be in the lower end of the genetic spectrum among their country of origin's population.