Back to [Archive] Other discussions

How to get a copyright funding opportunity?
I'm a student in China. I am interested in dysgenics and I want to make other Chinese people aware of it. So I made a Chinese translation of R. Lynn's Dysgenics: Genetic Deterioration in Modern Populations, Second Revised Edition. I want to get it published and contacted a Chinese press (China Social Sciences Press, http://csspw.com.cn/Category_288/Index.aspx). I sent my almost compeleted translation to them. They responded that they agree that it is an issue that need to be understood and my translation is great. But they required a copyright fee for the original work of 40,000 to 45,000 RMB (=£4,000 to £4,500), which I can't affort. Can anyone suggest a way to fund it?
I'm a student in China. I am interested in dysgenics and I want to make other Chinese people aware of it. So I made a Chinese translation of R. Lynn's Dysgenics: Genetic Deterioration in Modern Populations, Second Revised Edition. I want to get it published and contacted a Chinese press (China Social Sciences Press, http://csspw.com.cn/Category_288/Index.aspx). I sent my almost compeleted translation to them. They responded that they agree that it is an issue that need to be understood and my translation is great. But they required a copyright fee for the original work of 40,000 to 45,000 RMB (=£4,000 to £4,500), which I can't affort. Can anyone suggest a way to fund it?

Have you contacted Richard Lynn (LYNNR540aol.com)? His Ulster Institute for Social Research has provided grants to individuals here.

Have you contacted Richard Lynn (LYNNR540aol.com)? His Ulster Institute for Social Research has provided grants to individuals here.

Chuck,
Thank you for replying.

I wrote an email to info@ulsterinstitute.org, but not receiving a reply for half a year.

Perhaps I should write a letter to Lynn himself. Can you suggest things that need to be mentioned to have a higher chance of getting a reply?

Cheers,
Wang
Can you make some suggestions to this draft please?

Cheers.
Admin
I have asked Huw, the secretary of the Ulster Institute, on your behalf.

Thank you!

Any response?
Admin

Any response?

I'll let you know when I know more.