Back to [Archive] Meta

BibTeX format citations for published articles
Could it be possible to have an option to export citations for published articles? I personally would like to have the BibTeX format, but some other people probably use some other format. What other formats are people interested in having?
Admin
Do you mean a function where one can click an article and get the APA, MLA, bibtex etc. style citations ready to use? Yes, that is needed. Right now one can use Google Scholar to get these, but they should be available here as well. I will look into it.
Do you mean a function where one can click an article and get the APA, MLA, bibtex etc. style citations ready to use? Yes, that is needed. Right now one can use Google Scholar to get these, but they should be available here as well. I will look into it.

Yes, that is what I mean. Thanks for the Google Scholar tip.
Admin
The trouble with relying on Google Scholar is twofold: 1) Google Scholar is usually somewhat lagging behind the publication of articles. We have specifically written code to attempt to fix the issue, but it seems that perhaps that's just how GS works (unless one is rich as Elsevier!). See the thread about indexing. 2) GS will sometimes give the wrong citations and there seems to be no easy way to correct these.
I have implemented formatted citations for APA and Bibtex on both ODP and OBG. For now it is not visible on the front pages but only on the individual post pages. Look for the button "Cite this paper" in the bottom of the posts just below the publication date.
JavaScript must be enabled in your browser in order to use this functionality.
Have a look at the latest post for an example.